Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Gelatin #2


I tried another gelatin candy last night.  This time I tried juice gummies.  I don't know that I did the recipe right and I wonder if I would have liked it better had I done it right.  However the result is a little rubbery.  Plus, the sugar doesn't stay stuck to it since they tend to melt if left out of the refrigerator.  This is a bit strange since this didn't happen making gum drops.  So I have to refrigerate them.  They taste great, but I'm not crazy about the texture.  There isn't tons of sugar in them, so I'll just let the kids eat them like jello and then try again.

Gelatin Notes:

  1. Gum Drops: Made gum drops but they were softer than what I am used to.  I haven't found a lot of variation in gum drop recipes.  I'll try it again when I find another recipe which uses more gelatin.
  2. Jello: Just figured out why my watermelon jello didn't turn out.  Next time, I'll strain the juice and it should turn out great.  The fruit particles sank to the bottom when I tried a coconut pineapple juice.  I'll strain the next batch of that to test my theory.
  3. Gummy bears: If jello and jigglers can be caffeinated, can you do the same thing with gummy bears?  If so, you can make your own vitamin gummy bears.  I'll have to look into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment