Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homemade Tortilla Chips


From my initial review of recipes, they seem a bit easy to make.  However, I'm learning that "easy" will really come after making them several times and learning what the dough should look like and how this type of flour cooks.  The change that I am making with recipes I'm following is that I am using light in flavor olive oil instead of vegetable or canola oil.  Olive oil is a good fat plus it can be cooked safely at 350 F which is what is called for in almost every tortilla chip recipe I've seen.

Recipe Links:
fried tortilla chips: not fond of this one since they are friend. However, I took note of it since it is a recipe from scratch and also since it adds salt to the dough.
chips only: this a great way to make the chips once the tortillas are made.

Tortilla Chip Trials:

tortilla chips #1 & 2  25 Jul 2011
tortilla chps #3 28 Jul 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment