Friday, August 26, 2011

Homemade Pasta #1

So, I finally tried homemade pasta and it turned out great.  The hardest part of the  process was mixing the four and eggs with a fork, but it turned out great nonetheless.  Since I used a pasta machine to roll and cut the pasta, I made it into a fun thing to do with my son.  He cranked the machine while I fed the dough in and caught it on its way out.  I'm sure to him it was something akin to cutting play dough with a play dough machine.  Anyway, I ended up throwing out this first batch since it was recommended to run the first ball of dough through to clean the machine.  Next time we make pasta, we will use a food processor for making the dough.  This is wonderful pasta making advice from Beyond Salmon that I can't wait to try.

Return to Homemade Pasta Page

No comments:

Post a Comment