Thursday, August 25, 2011

Homemade butter #2


Last night we tried out a second method of making butter which was supposed to have a shorter shaking time.  This butter making method requires that you keep the cream out at room temperature for 12 hours before shaking.  Though it was true that we had to shake it for a much shorter period of time, it still was longer than what I expected.  Instead of 5 minutes it was ten minutes.  Plus, the strange thing is that the butter milk disappeared.  I wonder if I shook it too long or not long enough.  It made plenty of butter but no butter milk :( Very strange and I haven't been able to find an explanation for this yet.  I love the idea of cutting the shaking time in half, but I'm not fond of the lack of butter milk.  Next time I'll try a recipe that you use a beater instead of shaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment