Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Peppermint Flavor Oil - Batch #2

This is my second attempt to make a flavoring oil and it was definitely much better than my last try. The main difference between this batch and my first attempt was that I used walnut oil instead of canola.  I believe it made a big difference in the smell and taste of the infused oil once it was done.  The other difference is that in the first batch I used bruised fresh mint and in this recipe, I used fresh peppermint that had mostly dried while in the refrigerator.  The smell of this oil is nice but I don't know how strong it will be until I try it in a batch of chocolate.  I feel much better about using this batch in chocolate though than I do about the first batch since it really didn't smell wonderful.  I will include the notes for the peppermint flavored chocolate once I use this oil in a recipe.

Notes: Ok, I just tried this in chocolate and I wasn't really impressed.  I could taste the peppermint but the taste of the carrier oil was just gross in chocolate.  I guess I need to find another recipe for oil extraction when it comes to using it in chocolates.  I'll look for other uses for this oil but I won't be using it in chocolates.

Peppermint Flavoring Oil Recipe

Return to Infused Oil Page

No comments:

Post a Comment