Friday, November 4, 2011

A Great Salsa Recipe

Link to Simple Texas Salsa Recipe:

I tried this recipe and loved it.  It is milder than most store bought mild salsa, so try it and increase peppers if you like it hot.  Also, I made this with my own stewed tomatoes rather than canned.  If you want to stew your own, here's a good recipe for stewed tomatoes.  Be sure to let the stewed tomatoes cool down before putting them in the blender with the other salsa ingredients or else you'll have a mess. Another note which is not mentioned in the recipe, is that you should not touch the chilies when cutting them.  To avoid burning hands, hold the chilies using plastic bags or rubber gloves.

Lastly, I like to make things like this and can them.  However, when I canned this salsa, it took away the zing and it was almost like it had no spices at all.  I definitely prefer this salsa fresh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment