Monday, October 10, 2011

Homemade Wine #2


I didn't do anything different with this recipe other than trying a new type of juice concentrate and letting the wine mature a little longer than last time.  This time I used one Welche 100% grape and one can of Apple Cherry juice concentrate.  The Apple Cherry did not turn out as well as the grape.  This juice made a white wine that was a bit tart.  With both gallons, I waited a little longer than 4 weeks to filter.  It was most likely 5 to 6 weeks.  After filtering and re-bottling the wine, I let it sit even longer (probably several weeks longer).  The result was that the grape wine was quite impressive.  Since I've been told that my own taste in wine cannot be trusted, my "wine taster" passed the judgement.  So it is official that my balloon wine is good and I am not tooting my own horn :)  As for the Apple Cherry wine, letting it age several weeks longer made it less tart and drinkable.  However, I don't think I'll try that flavor again.

The next batch will be made using an airlock instead of a balloon.

Return to Wine Making Page 

No comments:

Post a Comment